Friday, December 7, 2012

Geeks and Grace

So this might be a short post, but I wanted to say something real quick....
Blessed... Surrounded by grace, love, mercy, all abounding... all encompasing... surrounded by voices and noise, and I choose to write... I choose to unwrap blessings... I choose to sit quietly in the peace of the Lord, sit openly with my heart layed out... why?
i'm not exactly sure... it just feels...natural...
I am surrounded by geeks...yes, geeks... those who love to play videogames, who love to be surrounded by soda and chips...but they are real...and they aren't afraid to be...they are open to all life has to give- the funny and the serious...they are humorus in their own way...they fill this school with joy and laughter and they sit in the aroma of friendship...of welcoming arms...
isn't that how we should always be? waiting with welcoming arms? then why aren't we? oh, that's right... we are afraid to be different...this world tells us to stay in our own groups, to stay put away from anything or anyone different.  But what if we all are "different"? Because we really are... we are all different in our own way; and it's a good thing!! Jesus was different! He sat and talked and befriended the sinners and beggers and He died on a cross for those!!! He died on a cross so that we could share His love with everyone, not just a select few. He calls us to be His witnesses to a world in the dark. and the only way to do that is to be full of grace. To share the grace. To rest openly in His words. We are called to show mercy, to show compassion, like He did. We didn't deserve Him taking the beatings, the mocking, the scorn. We don't deserve His death. We don't deserve His un-ending love! And yet, He provides us with that, and much more... He provides us with grace and mercy and love all-abounding. He provides us with opportunity, with relationships, with blessings we are not worthy to recieve.
So, as I sit here, alone but yet surrounded by many....I realize that i'm not alone...and that i'm not worthy...and that this is really quite funny-that I would choose to write about Him, instead of play games with my friends...but He is worth it...and even though my writing has just been jokingly made fun of, I'm not mad....this is my voice...God's voice...and no one else's...

No comments:

Post a Comment