Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Even if He doesn't

FINALS ARE OVER!!!!
I have to admit... I was crying in my basement last night - such a rough day... You know those days where you can tell you are just out of it? That was my yesterday...except it kept getting worse...luckily, I am blessed to have people in my life who are willing to hold my hand and help me through the rough and the great days... <3

So, i've been thinking a lot about this verse...
17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us[a] from Your Majesty’s hand. 18 But even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up.
"But even if he does not,"
those are some powerful words...
and some words we often don't think about...
what if God doesn't?
Heal you or your loved one...
Deliver from pain...
Provide the right words or actions...

What if He doesn't?
Are you still willing to fully trust Him? To full give him everything? Would you still give Him every ounce of you? Would you still believe that He has a good plan? That He can still use you?
This is something that I have been struggling with lately...as in yesterday and today...
But honestly ask yourself that question...What if He doesn't? How will you react?
We know that God is good. We know that He will provide. We know that He is holding us no matter what...but do all of those things start to fade away when things don't go our way? Trust me, I'm preaching to myself here too!! This is something I need to work on!!!
Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego were willing to stand for Him even if He didn't deliver them from the flames that surrounded them...what are your flames? Are you willing to stand for God if He allows them to engulf you? Or will you turn away and try to handle the pain on your own?
This is something that went through my mind when I decided to rededicate my life...that I couldn't handle the flames on my own. Now, if I couldn't handle them then, then what makes me think I can handle them now? What makes me think that if God doesn't (do this or that), then I can do it all on my own? The answer is satan...He's the one that tries to through those lies at you saying that you can handle it, that you are strong, that you are brave...I'm not strong, and I'm not brave...but God is! He's been through flames beyond any comparision to mine, and all for me! So then, why not give Him these flames?
and...
if He doesn't...
Continue to trust Him...
He delivered Daniel from the lion's den...
He delivered Jonah from the belly of the whale...
He delivered Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego from the fire...
and so many others...
And He can deliver you too...maybe not today, maybe not next week, or maybe He won't...but even if He doesn't, are you willing to go that distance? If not, you might need to check where you stand with the Lord...
Much love in Him,
Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment