Saturday, January 19, 2013

It's just not fair!

Well...I had a really legit blog for you guys..it was pretty long too...and then my computer decided to shut down without saving it....so here's a new one lol

It's that moment when the Lord yells at you. Not a whisper, but a shout...and you can so clearly hear Him saying "Pay attention! I'm trying to tell you something! I'm still here!"
Lucky for me, I was able to listen when He yelled at me..Because sometimes that's the hardest part -listening.
A man walked out of His house where The Lord greeted him and said to him, "I am going to put a boulder beside your house. Every morning I want you to go out and push the boulder." The man said he would obey. Ever morning the man got up at 5:30am and went out and pushed the boulder. He did this in rain, storm, snow, and ice. One morning he hadn't slept well and didn't want to ge up (we all know those mornings!), not to mention it was raining, but he know he needed... to obey The Lord, so he got up and went to push the boulder. It was raining but he kept pushing and pushing and pushing. He finally threw his arms up and yelled at God saying, "Lord, why can't I move this boulder?!?!" The Lord replied " I never asked you to move the boulder, I simply told you to push it. If I want to move it, I will, on my time."
This story made me bawl...I heard it during chapel and I lost it...which leads me to the questions:
 What is or are you boulder(s)? Will you keep pushing and simply let The Lord move it if HE wants to?
 
Trust me...I know exactly how hard it is to push those boulders without seeing any result or any movement..I've been pushing mine for 9 years (and I'm only 17!). It can get so frustrating, and so often we too must throw our arms up and yell at the Lord saying, "WHY?!"
 
And so often, usually always during the suffering and the pushing, we tend to ask the hard questions like:
"Why, God?"
"How is this fair?"
"How could you do this?"
"Where are you?"
"How do I fight?"
 
And instead of those questions, why don't we ask some of these:
"Is God still God?" YES.
"Is God still in control?" YES.
"Is God still good?" YES.
"Does God still love me?" YES.
"Is God going to help me?" YES YES YES!!!
 
"Fair does not live here, but Jesus does."
 
Guys...no one enjoys or desires suffering. No one does. But we all desire the outcome - a deeper, more intimate, beautiful, trustworthy relationship with our King. We all desire that feeling of being loved and cared for and we all desire that feeling of accomplishment.
 
If I asked you if you would prefer to have a disease or disorder become a part of you, you would most likely say "um, no thanks", but if I asked you if you wanted a deeper and more rich relationship with God you would most likely say "yes, bring it on!". You can't get one without the other.
Now, I'm not saying that if you haven't faced hardship in your life that you don't have a great relationship with the Lord, I'm just saying that "suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."
 
I know this blog is shorter than I intended, but my battery is low and I still feel sick..
so let me leave you with this...
 
The next time you face hardship and suffering, count your blessings, ask the easy questions, and remember that suffering produces hope. Shalom.
 
In His Grace,
Montana

No comments:

Post a Comment