Friday, November 23, 2012

Give Thanks


This is what I'm struggling with lately....not just simple give thanks for my home and for family...but in the constant of every day life...in every moment...in every situation... the good AND the bad... eucharisteo... it means "He gave thanks"... it's what Jesus did when He broke the bread that night at the table... He "gave thanks" or "eucharisteo"...that is how He lived... it is how I should live... but trust me... it's hard... very hard...
The Lord calls us to be His children. To be His people. To share His love... it doesn't mean that I can't have struggles or trials...it just meand that I need to learn to look to Him when I have those trials...Lately I have been bombarded with all of the bad that life can bring...seems like all life could possibly hit me with, is hitting me all at once.. straight in the gut... but what I'm learning is that my troubles may be bad....but I have a God who is bigger... much bigger... He is bigger than any mountain that I could face...
I've been reminded of my life verse a few times this week...and just at the right time... so often I forget what it really means...but what it means, is exactly what it says...Isaiah 41:10 - "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." It means that HE IS holding me... HE IS here. HE IS my GOD... HE WILL help me... HE WILL uphold me... even when it seems like i've fallen too far to get back up...because I haven't... and I never can.
As the holidays approach, it's a time of list-making..of things we want...my challenge for you at least for one week, is to make just one more list...and not of things you want...or need...but of things you already have...of things He has already blessed you with.. the small (382. hugs), the big (381. hospitals), the good (385. thousands of prayers), and the bad (242. words missunderstood)... those are just a few of my current list... a list to 1000... i'm on my way!!! Here are the last few I have written down...
381. Hospitals
382. Hugs
383. Time to write letters
384. an amazing uncle full of wisdom
385. Thousands of prayers united
386. Sharing of my testimony unexpectedly
387. God's work
383. Friendly doctors
389. Jokes during serious topics
390. Upping my medicine
391. TRUST

God is good -- all the time... <3

No comments:

Post a Comment